The Première Vision in Paris is the mecca for every designer and fashion guru, perfect to get fresh input and to gather new inspirations for next year‘s Fall/Winter collections.
Every year round about 60,000 fashion industry professionals come together to share ideas, do business, develop their new collections and find inspiration.
This September our colleague Caro travelled to Paris to experience the spectacular fashion trade show live. Along with thousands of fashionistas, designers and fashion students, Caro set out to Parc des Expositions in Paris-Nord Villepinte and tried to absorb all the future fabric, pattern, print and style trends.
Together we have compiled the most fascinating casual, tech and sportswear trends for the upcoming 2017/18 fall/winter season:
THE ELEGANT ANORAK
- A mix of different fabrics and materials is going to shape our sportive jackets and anoraks next fall
- Ski jacket designs are going to be inspired by the haute-couture fashion and become more opulent
- Sportive and elegant elements are merging
- A combo of functional and chic will make metropolitan hearts beat faster
- Ultralight city/sport hybrids can be worn for any occasion
- The athleisure trend will be continued and athletic wear comes along in an urban and menswear inspired way.
- Elongated shirts with checked patterns of all sorts are a must-have next autumn
- The longer, the better is the name of the game
- Layer look 2.0: Shirts in different lengths can be worn in layers -piling long over long for a multi-layered overall look
DRESS AND COAT HYBRIDS
- Coats and dresses are going to merge into feminine, voluminous hybrids
- The waist is defined by belts and is in the center of attention
- Ultra-cosy jeans tops and denim outerwear are a hit in 2017/18
- The feel-good factor plays a vital role for all next year’s denim products
- Dress or pants? You may wear both in 2017/18 Fall/Winter season
- Elongated supple dresses can be worn over shortened wide pants
- A relaxed and easy combo, that suits every body-type